Monday, November 26, 2007

The Finale



Day 7 - Friday

3:00am - I think I'm going crazy. I keep hearing bass thumping throughout the night while I'm sleeping.

4:00am - *Thump* *Thump* *Thump* *Thump* *Thump* It's like there is a constant rave going on outside. Am I dreaming? Where are my glow sticks?

4:30am - *Thump* *Thump* *Thump* *Thump* *Thump* It's 4:30am at Costa do Sauipe. I must be dreaming.

4:40am - I wake Angel up to watch the sunset. I still hear faint sounds of bass.
Brian: Angel do you hear that?
Angel: Hear what?
Brian: That thumping bass sound. It was going on throughout the whole night
(stand on the beach in silence)
Angel: (Grumpily) What are you talking about? I don't hear a thing.
Brian: It just went away...
(5 minutes later)
Brian: Are you serious??? You don't hear that?
Angel: Brian...there's nothing there. Shut up, and let me watch the sunrise in peace. I'm going back to sleep.

5:05am: *Thump* *Thump* *Thump* *Thump* *Thump* I walk towards the area for Sauipe Fest. The thumps are getting louder. Bigger. Faster. Stronger. I hear cheers. Then it stops.

5:15am: Apparently the concert that we were at earlier in the night JUST ended. I knew Brazilians were crazy with their party, but this is ridiculous. And now the walk of shame begins...

9:30am: I wake up and get my last breakfast on this Brazil trip. I walk into the restaurant and the same people from the walk of shame in the restaurant. I got tired just looking at them. I'm getting old.

Capoiera Class, Massage, and Beach activity. This is how we spent our last day in Brazil. We spent our last day, hanging out on the beach and just relaxed. Watched the sunset. Did some major talking. And took some nice pictures.

Below are: 1) A lady carrying and trying to sell way too much stuff on the beach. 2) Our capoiera teachers (including that freakishly strong dude). 3) Freakishly strong dude transformed into a human bridge. 4) Yeah...He's a monster. 5 - 7) Us and the beach





Fast forward to 3:00am, we're at the airport in Salvador onboard our flight back to NY. Goodbye Costa do Sauipe. Goodbye Salvador. Goodbye Brazil. Thank you for the memories, the new friends, and the laughter.

No comments: