Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Dear Diary...JACKPOT!

Giant Skol Beer Can

Day 6 - Thursday

There were an abnormal amount of people checking into Costa do Sauipe. I saw luggage everywhere. Nevertheless we did our morning thing - capoiera class and surfing class in the morning. One really nice thing about the package that we got is that the horse back riding (Day Two), visit to Praia de Forte (Day Three), and green fees are all included! So after class, I went to play golf. What a great experience! There were literally 8 people on the entire course. In NY, the golf courses are always packed with people and it sometimes creates a stressful experience if people want to play through or rush you. What a world of difference this made. Sure I still lost a bunch of balls, but it was definitely more fun than normal. Also, for some reason, Costa do Sauipe has tons of sand. Needless to say, sand traps all over the place.

Golf Course at Costa do Sauipe
I actually had to hit it over a water hazard...=D

After golf, I went to the pro shop and bar to grab a drink and meet the older versions of my friends and I. I was in Brazil, so English is rarely spoken by the locals. As I was waiting for my drink, I hear them, to my delight, speaking in English. It was 4 guys - Dutch guy, a French guy, a Canadian guy, and a guy from California. I swear this isn't a set up to a bad joke. But really, it's just 4 older guys who retired, live in Brazil for a few months out of the year for the last 10 - 20 years, and just sit around and play golf with the boys; What a life! Apparently, Brazil is a hot spot for retirement because everything is so cheap - housing, food, golf. Having beautiful brazilian babies that are always ready to party ain't bad either. haha... I head back to the Marriot, walk into the lobby, and a single thought walked into my head...
Dear Diary,

JACKPOT!!!

The lobby was full of hot girls! haha...What was going on? The answer...


Sauipe Fest

As luck would have it we booked our trip at the same time of a giant annual music festival. People from all over Brazil come through and hang out at the resort to attend this 3-day music festival. The first night was asha music, 2nd night reggae, and I don't know the 3rd night. I wanted to come to Brazil this week because I wanted to see how Brasilians celebrate Halloween. I found out that they don't, by the way. But who would have thought...Hot girls and Sauipe Fest! But how lucky are we??? Literally...JACKPOT! We went to dinner and I needed an after dinner snack. So naturally, I bought a bag of cheetohs and a can of Skol (that's Brasilian beer, not chewing tobacco). I learned something new that night, the cheetohs in Brasil taste like FEET! Don't eat them...


No...you're not seeing double. It's just 2 pictures of me being an idiot.

Anyway, after all of that, we went to the concert and saw an Axé (pronounced Asha) band performed. Taken from wikipedia:

Axé music is a popular music genre originated in Salvador, Bahia, Brazil in the late 1970s...


The concert really started at midnight...and ended at 5am!!! We only stayed till 1:45am. Here are some pictures and videos of our night and the concert.






Sauipe Fest - Fat Kid Dancing

I kind of felt bad for him. He was just a sleezy looking fat kid carrying a backpack full of water (beer, vodka, who knows...). Either way it was lame. There was a straw attached to the bag. So it was like a sissy version of a football beer helmet. And for whatever reason, he decided to jiggle and get jiggy with it...good way to end the night!

No comments: